Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your usage of the Minds Alike Pty Ltd (hereafter known as “MA”) services.
- To be able to use the MA services, you must read and accept these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions, you may not use or access the services.
- The Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time. If you do not accept these amendments, you cannot continue using MA’s services. In case of amendments, your continuing usage of MA’s services, constitutes your acceptance of the terms of the amended terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in the State of New South Wales. In the event that the State of New South Wales does not have jurisdiction to hear a matter relating to this agreement, then the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia will apply. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the relevant jurisdiction.
2. Membership and accuracy of information
- It is your responsibility that the information provided is accurate. You can update the information through your profile, or be contacting customer support.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use MA.
3. The service
- MA may offer a free trial period at its discretion which may change with promotions for time to time. Thereafter, a user subscription is payable. MA may offer to subscribers additional new features to the website from time to time at additional fees. MA’s price-list is available on the site. All prices listed on the site are inclusive of GST.
- Your payments are bound to your profile, and you cannot transfer your subscription to another profile. Nor are you able to require a refund at any time, unless we review your request with another result. Refunds will not be given for users who wish to stop using the site before their subscription period ends.
- MA maintains the right to alter the price list as required. If users do not accept price changes they should unsubscribe or not renew.
- MA does not issue any warranties or representations in case an error, maintenance or alike occurs that will limit or completely block your access to the service for any given period of time. If any disruption to your service occurs that is the fault of MA, MA may offer you a credit for future use for the period of disruption at its discretion and will consider applications for future credit on a case by case basis. MA will not be liable to refund you any subscription fees for disruption to your service.
- MA maintains the right to change the range of features available on the site without notice.
- You can at any time cancel your subscription in the ‘Subscriptions Centre’ on this website and your subscription will be terminated on 2 days’ notice for the following term of the agreement. Refunds will not be available for the current term of the agreement that you have subscribed to. If the agreement is not terminated, the subscription agreement will automatically renew itself for the same term as your current agreement term and we will charge your credit card for the renewed term at the then current subscription price at the time of the renewal.
- MA reserves the right to suspend or terminate user accounts at its discretion.
- MA reserves the right to hide all or a part of your profile at its discretion.
- If your account is inactive for more than 12 months, MA reserves the right to terminate your account
- We and our affiliates may from time to time send you offers, promotions and promotional material. You consent to us and our affiliates sending you offers and promotional material, but you may opt out of receiving any offers or promotional material by sending us an email at [email protected]
- MA cannot be held responsible for the confidentiality of your login credentials. User passwords can be changed at any time through accessing user settings. Any activity on individual user profiles is the responsibility of the user. If any unusual or suspicious activity is experienced, it is the user’s responsibility to notify MA. If users need assistance changing their login credentials, they may contact MA by email.
- All users on MA are required to verify their identity through an SMS service.
- You acknowledge that we cannot confirm the identity of other members or prevent them from acting in false pretences. We do not make recommendations on suitability of another user, but only suggest other users based on similar interests. You acknowledge that you contact other users of this site whether online or beyond at your own risk.
- Once user details are uploaded onto MA, we cannot control the way in which profile content and information may be accessed or stored by other users or third parties. MA takes no responsibility for breaches of privacy or any damage caused by other users howsoever caused.
5. Profile content
- Users must provide truthful information on their profiles.
- Users may not post any material on MA that is illegal, obscene, offensive, inappropriate or sexual.
- Users may not post any material for which they do not own the rights. MA cannot be held responsible if any such material is posted on MA. Users may not post images of other people. However this is acceptable as long as the user appears in the photograph. Images must not contain nudity
- MA cannot be held responsible for any inaccurate content on the site posted by its users.
- MA may not be used to: Harass, threaten, stalk, defame, demand money, abuse or in any other way offend other members.
- MA may not be used to: Sell products or services, promote surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters or any other chain activities, scams or spamming.
- MA may not be used to promote: Racism, religion, bigotry, hatred or harassment of any kind.
- You are not allowed to impersonate any person or entity.
- You are not allowed to use any robots or spider to index MA, or in any other way corrupt the usage of MA.
- You are not allowed to copy or frame any material posted on MA other than your own.
- MA reserves the right to monitor the usage of MA at all time.
- If you experience any of the complaints or conduct referred to in this clause, MA encourages you to contact MA right away to stop and investigate these actions.
7. Intellectual property
- MA owns and retains all proprietary rights of any MA service.
- You are not allowed to copy, frame, translate or in any other way use material or code from MA without a written consent.
Copyright in this website (including text, graphics, logos, icons,
sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by us. Other
than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed
under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation which
applies in your location, and except as expressly authorised by
these terms and conditions, you may not in any form or by any
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website;
Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which
is attached the TM or ® symbol is a registered trade mark. If you
use any of our trade marks in reference to our activities, products
or services, you must include a statement attributing that trade
mark to us. You must not use any of our trade marks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own trade marks;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive;
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this website).
8. Limitations of liability and indemnity
You acknowledges that:
- The use of MA is at your own risk.
- In no way can MA be held responsible for any activities on MA by its users;
- In no way can MA be held responsible for any posted material on MA;
- MA cannot be held responsible for any loss, direct or indirect, of data, money, contracts, income, profits, goodwill or damages due to the usage of MA.
- In any case, MA cannot be held liable for more than the total amount paid by you to MA;
- we cannot confirm the identity of other members or prevent them acting under false pretences.
- MA is not the author of any advertisements for the contents contained therein, including statements, representations, photos or videos posted by advertisers. Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on this website (including hyperlinks to advertiser’s own websites) rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertiser’s products and each advertiser is solely responsible for representations made in connection with its advertisement.
- Whilst we have no reason to believe that any information contained on this web site is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep this web site updated. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information contained on this website.
- Users agree that by logging on to MA, they release and discharge the creators, owners and providers from any and all liability that may arise from the use of this site.
- If you download any material from the website, you acknowledge that we are not liable to you for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from the downloading or subsequent use of the downloaded material. You may not adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any downloaded material. In addition, you may not commercialise any information, products or services from the downloaded material.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this website or any linked website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this website.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the removal of doubt, we do not accept any responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website.
Minds Alike Pty Ltd
ABN 39 167 772 401
Suite 1A Level 2
802 Pacific Highway