collect through this website MINDSALIKE.COM.AU (Site) or directly from you.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
1. Collection of personal information
Personal Information: The type of information we collect may include:
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number,
- marital status and anniversary,
- date of birth,
- demographic information such as postcode, and
- preferences and opinions
and any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- sending birthday cards;
- for market research and business development including website development;
- marketing including direct marketing;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
3. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties for these purposes, we will request that the
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
4. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Choice and Consent: Providing us with some of your personal information is optional to you. There is some
personal information that is essential for us to know and for you to supply, otherwise we cannot offer you
this service. When you provide us with your personal information, you consent to the terms in this Privacy
Policy, and to us disclosing or receiving your personal information for these purposes.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
5. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised
access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to
safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised
access, modification and disclosure.
6. Cookies & Web Beacons
to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally
identifiable information. However, once you choose to furnish the Site with personally identifiable
information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
7. Links to other websites
Privacy contact information
Minds Alike Pty Ltd
ABN 39 167 772 401
Suite 1A Level 2
802 Pacific Highway
Click here to read our Terms and Conditions